Monday, October 31, 2005

hidden

I'm tired of pretending and
hiding behind this mask.
I'm not who you think I am
(who do you think I am?)
Can you see the lies
behind this smile?
Do you really think I'm sincere?

I can't force the laughter any more
(don't want to try)
the tears and the rage are consuming me
(eating my soul, burning my heart)
the inner demons won't let go

Can I trust you
(do I dare)
If I step out from behind this facade
expose my self to you
What will you do?
(Can I do this
should I do this?)

6 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Step out babe! You can cry in my arms anytime you want, and you don't have to pretend to be anything but the real you.

Can I cry with you? 'Cause my mom's birthday is coming up and I'm about due for a nervous breakdown....

(she was killed in '02)

Tue Nov 01, 08:00:00 PM PST  
Blogger arkie said...

*Hugs* Rose

I'm so sorry, sweetie. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel, and what it takes to be able to deal with such a thing. You can cry with me anytime you need to.

Tue Nov 01, 08:03:00 PM PST  
Blogger Rose said...

Thanks hon. I just may take you up on that.

Isn't it funny that we don't want to break down in front of those we love because we have to be strong for them? I always feel guilty about breaking down because I feel like I'm putting them on the spot to make me feel better, when I know there is absolutely nothing they can say or do to make it better.

Did that make any sense?

Tue Nov 01, 08:58:00 PM PST  
Blogger arkie said...

Yes, that made a lot of sense.
*smooch*

Tue Nov 01, 09:39:00 PM PST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I really loved this one Freda. Your writing is really terrific. It makes me sad ... I can feel your pain and sadness.

Your true friends will accept you for who you are.

*holds out her hand*

*HUGS* to you and Rose.

Fri Nov 04, 06:42:00 AM PST  
Blogger arkie said...

Thanks, Nookie. *takes your hand*

*hugs*

Sun Nov 06, 07:20:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home